Healthy Dancer Canada envisions a dynamic community of dancers, dance educators, health professionals and researchers dedicated to promoting dancer health and wellness, optimizing performance, understanding and addressing the unique challenges facing the dance community, and creating a culture of healthy dance practices in Canada.
Healthy Dancer Canada’s mission is to foster and facilitate communication and collaboration among the dance community, health professionals and researchers. We endeavour to enhance the health, well-being and performance of all dancers and to be the Canadian leader in this effort.
Healthy Dancer Canada is committed to the following:
- Advancement: Advancing the health, well-being, fitness and performance of dancers in Canada.
- Community: Building community by
- Fostering respect, understanding and knowledge-sharing among members of the dance community, including dancers and their families, dance educators and other dance professionals, dance researchers and health professionals.
- Offering networking, leadership, and volunteer opportunities.
- Education: Providing accessible and current information, continuing education and professional development to the dance community and health professionals.
- Expertise: Being the leading experts in the health and wellness of Canadian dancers.
- Leadership: Supporting and promoting healthy approaches to dance in Canada through ongoing initiatives.
Logo, Poster & Images
Our logo was created in 2012 from a sketch by founding member Andrea Downie and with graphics by Alessia Soppelsa. The figure was designed to represent every dancer (male/female, young/mature, professional/recreational) and all dance forms. The colours surrounding the dancer symbolize our goal to have equal representation from dancers, dance educators, health professionals and researchers within our organization. Healthy Dancer Canada’s official poster and website images were created by member Lisa Dickson in 2015 in the spirit of these original principles.